Intro to Yoruba Spirituality
Orisa Lifestyle is a religious system based on the veneration of a supreme god through various deities (Orishas), and ancestral spirits. African-Americans who practice the Yoruba religious tradition have stated that Orisa Lifestyle provides a means for cultural identity and provides an opportunity to revisit and reclaim traditions that were denied to our ancestors during enslavement. For men and women of African descent, who are interested in Orisa Lifestyle, this course is perfect:
- Reclaim African rituals and traditions that provide systematic framework for understanding yourself in ways that are independent of the Western worldview.
- Remember your historical, spiritual and cultural identity.
- Discover religious customs by which you can define, establish, and maintain a relationship to the sacred.
- Gain tangible guidelines for behavior and communal interaction that are culturally specific.
- Class is online. 90 Lecture. 29 Page eBook.